- A corporation, individual or group with deep pockets write a bill that provides them benefits at the expense of tax payers.
- Lobbyists are hired to find one or more people in congress to present the bill.
- Campaign money, etc. is promised from multiple groups and entities that all receive money from the originator of the bill.
- As money is spread around and 'meetings' are held on golf courses and at resorts around the globe, more politicians jump on the band-wagon.
- Key committee members are promised more campaign money.
- Congressmen and congresswomen attach completely unrelated amendments to the bill to bring home the pork (my next blog).
- The news media cranks our stories about the bill, but avoid actually providing the public with the actual bill.
- The bill is voted on by both Houses and the President signs it into law.
Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Civics 2013 How a Bill becomes Law
Next I will write a little about how the gravy and pork keeps flowing and then explain how to keep the public at bay.
Soon I will write about the necessity of keeping the blood of our brave military flowing so that the rich get richer.